Orange You Glad?

DSC_01581-679x1024

Picture 1

I’m thinking of painting the interior of my awesome estate sale find ($75!) orange- like Hermes orange, since really it’s the only way I’m gonna have any Hermes in my life! Originally it was canary yellow, then I went peacock blue to match my last place and now I want to change it up again.  I seem to always be drawn to orange! Images that are inspiring this change….

glamourai_whitecouch3

fall-design1

orange 35cm birkin_01

orangechair

orange-interiors_entry-stairs[1]

Picture 37

Thoughts?

48 Responses to “Orange You Glad?”

1. Emily says:

Love the idea. Definitely the most beautiful orange ever. I’m still jealous of your great estate sale find!

2. I think it would be gorgeous!

3. Oh man! It would definitely make that dresser pop!

4. alex says:

that’s an amazing find and I love what Hermes orange would do to it. Whatever you choose, make sure you post some after pics!

5. Beth says:

Looove the orange!

6. Katherine Norton says:

Great idea! My front door is painted BM Buttered Yam and it is very Hermes. Happy and sophisticated at the same time. Your blog is the best!

7. I love orange! It looks so good with that dark blue in the last pic! I say go for it…

8. Betsy says:

What is the color of the paint swatch you posted? I love it!

9. Elvira says:

Love it! I’m in an orange phase myself right now. But then again, I think I’m always in an orange phase. I just love it.

10. Lindsey says:

Love, Love it. I think that is the perfect Orange, for many reasons!

11. cindy says:

Hermes orange would look great with the black body and gold accents of the piece…..move the kumquats to the other side of the room for balance, perhaps a throw for the sofa..missoni and jonathan alder make pretty orange throws that are higher priced, ikea has one for under $10, the prettiest might be an orange cashmere pashmina from Ebay in solid or a paisley print

12. quintessence says:

My favorite color!! You’d be surprised how versatile orange is. Absolutely in love with 2nd to last photo – taped orange walls – gorgeous!!

13. Jamilyn says:

I love orange, because I love the fall! Have fun with it! I may paint the inside of my bookshelves that color! Fab!

14. HannahJ says:

ooooh- I love the orange in the hall/stairwell picture- the black trim is great! Orange is fabulous- you are making me reconsider my planned color change in my living room from orange to a warm grey…. question- is that painting yours? Its beautiful!

15. Sarah says:

Love it! I think it would really make that piece pop.

16. mdhely says:

Sounds like a swath of sunshine – which may be just what you are craving! (as I look out of my office on the South End that looks like the dreary Valley of Ashes from the Great Gatsby…)

17. Sara says:

Loving orange right now. Well, who am I kidding…loved it for a long time! Painted the powder bath ceiling in our last house orange (6 years ago) – had papered brown houndstooth walls. Made me happy every time I looked up. Have a quart of Farrow and Ball Orangery sitting on kitchen counter as I type trying to decide if I want to paint my office orangery. That is one great color too. Also, just settled on a tangerine chenille from Fabricut to use for a copy I’m having made of Windsor Smith’s moroccan ottoman for the living room. I say go for it! Fab!

18. Jade says:

Definitely orange! Go for it!

19. Grace says:

I think it would look fab and that is the best shade of orange there is! :)

20. Lone says:

Go for it! I think it’ll look great

21. Olivia says:

I’m obsessed with that orange chair! I love the idea – and post pics when you’re done!

22. Taylor says:

I love the idea and would go for it! Also love painting in the first picture…any info on the artist?

23. Linda says:

Hermes orange will never go out of style. Definitely a yes. I have a question for you though…I’m interested in painting a very pieces of furniture myself. I remember you mentioning painting in your basement (?) using Shot Sign Painter’s Enamel. Any possibility that you can share a brief but thorough explanation of how you prepare and paint your pieces? I’m very nervous to start but I’d love to save some money right now.

24. Definetly GO FOR IT!!!

It will be vibrant! :-)

If you have some time, please go take a look at my new post today. Thank you!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

25. Go for it! It will be beautiful and perfect for the fall. I love that living room with the orange Hermes throw and the zebra rug. So beautiful.

26. Sara Jane says:

Love it! I love that room with the orange gallery wall and black trim!

27. Dawn says:

I LOVE it! The Hermes orange color always reminds me of the Nomad collection from Louis Vuitton… very elegant, chic safari! Timeless and gorgeous, and as a buffet/bar, it will make quite the statement. :)

28. Danielle says:

29. ‘Only way I’m gonna get Hermes In my life”….:>) totally get it! But we can always dream – go for the orange! It might bring Hermes a little closer!

30. Mari says:

Def do it!

31. I love that orange and the photos you have displayed! For your terrific estate sale find, I would want to see what orange would look like with your floor, which from the photo appears to have a lot of orange in it. On the other hand, I rather like what you have done already with the turquoise interior!

32. I think it sounds like a great idea! I love the color!

33. Carolyn says:

Do it, gal! Love love lovin orange right now!

34. Lea says:

Love the orange- definitely go for it!! I too am going through an orange phase! I have orange silk panels hanging in my dining room now. What color is the paint chip you posted under your estate find?

35. Stephanie says:

Orange is awesome. I think that orange has always been a color that has been held in a negative light and used the wrong way. This is the right way.

36. Ashley says:

I’ve always loved the Martha Stewart orange hallway that you included, especially the contrasting black taping trim. I have a Missoni ‘Hector’ throw in orange that I bought on a whim in Milan because I love the color–I’m glad to see I’m not the only one feeling orange these days!

37. gi. says:

I have been SO in love with orange lately. I can’t seem to get enough of it…I say go for it!

xoxo,

gi.

38. hamptontoes says:

Given that I’m a lover of orange, when done right, I say go for it! The shade you’ve picked is fab and would look stunning! I always try to sneak a hint of orange into my interiors!

39. Ginger says:

Absolutely – you can always paint it another color if you tire of the orange!

40. I am going to say do NOT paint the interior this color..very halloween-y with the black exterior..i would say do the OUTSIDE in a glossy hermes orange and trim it in the chocolate..as in the foyer pic you posted..not sure about the interior..maybe something simple and clean..the orange is surely a lot of color…just my devil’s advocate emerging.

41. KarenW says:

Katharine N recommended BM Buttered Yam. Erin, is there a specific paint color you are choosing for this project? All – any other recommendations? It’s such a rich, yet soothing, color.

42. It will look perfect orange! I remember when you first published this find waaaay back:)

43. Jennifer Slattery says:

I love ORANGE!!! And its so cool that you keep switching up the color! Go for it!

44. Donna Parker says:

Orange is a color that invokes warmth & happiness. Go for it.

45. benson says:

we did Hermes orange behind our bed with chocolate brown bedding and some les indiennes linens…love it. I have one Hermes box on the nightstand and wish I had about a dozen more…oh well; a girl can dream!

46. Mapiurka says:

Love the blog! Leave mine so you can see my wall decals’ collection:http://mapiurka.blogspot.com/
    Best regards from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

47. I love orange as well. Pair it with black and white and it’s undeniably chic!

48. stacystyle says:

I adore orange. It is my favorite accent color and the color of the walls in my guest room. I even had orange lipstick from MAC a few summers ago. That was a mistake though as my sister will tell you. I’ve sort of gone from a bright Tennessee Volunteers orange to more of an orange with a bit of burnt caramel mixed in.