Obsessing Over: Green Grey Kitchens

I saw this first kitchen image in the new Canadian House & Home and thought, “That might be my perfect kitchen”.  The details that sold me were the dark grout with white subway tiles, the white marble, the brass hardware (if you had asked me about brass hardware two years ago I would have scoffed) and the gorgeous grey-green cabinetry! I have become obsessed with grey-green cabinets. Last year I was all “when we buy another place it will have dark grey/ black cabinets fo’ sho’ ” and now I am certain it will look like these below. What can I say, I am known to change my mind A LOT:

1_kitchen-beer-budget

Chad_eisner

I spy ridiculously awesome wood ceilings!!! Ka-ching!

image889_lg

KB-2470977_kitchen-color-green-beth-haley_lg

This one is a bit reverse, but how rich does wood look with this green color and brass?

eco_green_kitchen

a1b94e7cdf69

f5edda9d22be

A kitchen bu the fab Erika Powell of Urban Grace:

Picture 7

This kitchen via Martha Stewart is more grey than green, but I am obsessed with the whole thing- especially the brass bin pulls!

f87f6585730b

This is one of the new Martha Stewart for Home Depot kitchens! Love the island!

turkey_hill_getimage_xlturkey_hill_getimage_2_xl

Some great brass hardware options from Restoration Hardware that would look amazing in kitchen such as these:

Picture 9Picture 8

Picture 10Picture 11

And some vintage reproductions from Rejuvenation:

Picture 13Picture 16

Picture 14Picture 15

I’ll do some research on perfect grey-green paint colors for you too. :)

17 Responses to “Obsessing Over: Green Grey Kitchens”

1. Angela says:

My favorite is the first one, but I love them all! From my tiny South End apartment, I can only dream.

2. abby says:

You may have a white kitchen convert in me! The second image is incredibly stunning and I adore the brass hardware! Very chic!

3. eyeseepretty says:

Lee Valley Tools (http://www.leevalley.com) also has great quality brass hardware and is much cheaper than some of the other retailers. I usually keep an eye on their sale section and recently scored some great chrome handles for $1 each!

4. I am a fan of the white subway tile with dark grout, too. An even bigger reason to love the dark grout? Less scrubbing! Amazing how brass is making a comeback. I, too, would have turned up my nose at brass a year ago. Brushed nickel was my finish of choice. Now, brass is everywhere, including the military-inspired fashion trends!

5. Jamilyn says:

Did I hear green and gray? Had to stop by and check it out. Two of my most favorite colors! I my gosh, love these kitchens. They are all going into my file! Thank you for sharing!

Jamilyn

6. Sarah Brady says:

Oh this is perfect – we just spent the past week painting our old knotty pine cabinets gray-green (Behr Flat Enamel Mocha Accent – looks fatique green in our kitchen)! They look fabulous. And as a bonus, our old black hammered strap hinges and pulls turned out to be copper. The copper is such a natural match for the color we chose (thank goodness!). Our new countertops arrive next week. I’ll send some pictures when it’s complete! Love your blog – keep it up!

7. nancy says:

Hey Erin! Thanks for this post. What do you think about grey/green bathroom cabinets. We have a vanity that is pickled/white and I was just thinking about painting it an espresso color when you posted this inspiring bit of kitchenry…now you’ve got me re-thinking everything. Thanks, as always!

8. ooh, I just spec’d grey grout with white subway tiles on a boys bath shower wall for a new project…love to hear someone else loves it…validation :-) BM’s Clarksville Gray is awesome, I’ve got it on my fireplace and in my powder bath…a great greeny gray!

9. paula says:

very recently painted mine. Looks a bit like these :)

10. Its all beautiful designs, I love all the details, prints, those kitchen are sublime, I cant stop, gorgeous!wonderful share to us..thanks ..

11. sherry hart says:

I have had that first picture on my screensaver forevah!!! My favorite kitchen. I love how the cabinets on the left side are set in. I love the bleached out floors. Stunning…..

12. I like the grey kitchen just because it makes me think of pure chic. Otherwise, I like my kitchens to be brighter.

13. Kathleen D. says:

Grey Green is a big favorite of mine, too. Check out Farrow & Ball’s French Grey. Gorgeous. I considered it as a trim color for my daughter’s BR, paired with a light pink.

14. quintessence says:

I also love grey green kitchens. And like Kathleen D., Farrow & Ball’s French Gray is a favorite as well as Vert De Terre, which is fabulous. One of my favorite all time kitchens is a green grey – still in my files if you would like me to send.

15. Jennifer says:

Hello Erin,

Glad you love our kitchen shot! Feel free to link back to us at http://www.houseandhome.com.

Thanks,
    Jennifer
    Web promotions editor
    Canadian House & Home

16. Marci Lindsay says:

Duron’s Useful Gray is gray-green. I painted all my woodwork, built-ins, mantels it, paired with Duron’s Greek Villa walls (creamy off-white). I love it.

17. The are great! I have thoughts about Erika’s 2 tone cabinets kitchen often, usually at random times like when I’m walking down the street or standing in line at the grocery. I love the contrast all in one with the cabinets.