Thanks Boston Magazine…

BMag

…for both selecting me to be a part of your “Hot 50: Next Generation of Design Stars Who Are Shaping the City” and for printing an incredibly inspiring home (actually, there are a few in this issue, it’s really good!)

First off, I am honored to be included and in such good company as that of Holly Becker of Decor8 and Marni Katz of Style Carrot. The only odd bit is that I did not pick that hardware- it’s not me at all- so not sure where that came from but who cares, right? Many, many thanks. And it’s clear I need to get a new logo. UGH.

BosMagHome

Secondly,  in this issue is an incredible renovated home in Newton done by the owner herself in partnership with her fabulous general contractor. This woman has mad skills and I absolutely love the modern/traditional mix. Here are a few crappy scans, sorry for the quality…

BMag4BMag5 2

BMag5

BMag5 1

BMag8

BMag6 1

BMag7BMag6

And I have to tell you, your comments yesterday on my post truly helped make what turned out to be a really, incredibly shitty day (not going to go into that right now) a bit more tolerable.  I have the most awe-inspiring, incredible readers in the blogosphere, ahnds down, and I am so very grateful for everything you are willing to share with me. So, thank you all.

26 Responses to “Thanks Boston Magazine…”

1. Kerri says:

Erin- those scanned pages came out pretty clear actually! Congratulations- what an accomplishment!

2. paula says:

congrats! love this home too, blue seems to be everywhere.

3. Jessie says:

Congratulations on making it on to the Hot 50 list! Not only do I read your blog every morning but I also work at E.R. Butler & Co. who’s hardware was featured on in the article. Just so you know, the magazine contacted us to take photos of our Vervloet collection (period hardware from Brussels) since they saw a post about it on your blog. I’m sorry that this Louis XIV knob is not you but I hope you will stop into our showroom on Charles St to check out our other hardware. We also have home decor and jewelery that I think you will love!

4. Meg says:

Congrats!

Also – holy crap, that house is amazing! AMAZING.

5. Leah says:

so happy for you! thanks for sharing those home pics too-that house is phenomenal!

6. Bailey says:

The camping style attic bed is one of the best things I have ever seen. I want it for myself. And then maybe one day I will pass it along to a little boy. But I think I would enjoy it plenty right now.

7. Congrats! I can’t read the text on the mag spread about you – but the Petrie sofa from Crate and Barrel is my dream couch. Love it!

Alaina

8. Very cool! Congratulations!

9. Jaime says:

Congrats! That Newton home is just amazing- I may need to get this issue just to see more of it!

10. Kyle Knight says:

Way to go! Looks like a great magazine. I’m obsessing over the second to last pic…turquoise walls and those awesome sconces!! Thanks for posting these.

11. Congrats!

What a gorgeous home.

12. Carrie says:

Congrats and you’ve made us excited to move back to our beloved Bean-Town!

13. Averill says:

Congrats!

And I love the MW rugs and the green guest room in that Newton home. Tres chic!

14. daniella says:

Congrats!

I’m lovin’ that little boy’s room with a rocking chair that reminds me of a old plane, for some reason. And I like how that King size bed has three standard pillows. Very refreshing.

15. Ceci says:

Congrats! You definately deserve thsi honor. I love your blog and always walk away wishing I could transform every inch of my home. :) Kudos!

16. Congrats on making the “Hot 50″ list. Well deserved!

17. Rachel says:

Congratulations on making into the top 50 list! Your blog is fantastic :) Those homes are stunning – thanks for sharing!

18. Katie says:

That’s awesome! Love all those images!

19. Congrats! Fantastic images here…especially love the spider web window in the child’s attic bedroom!

20. Sarah says:

Hey, Erin! Got our issue of the magazine yesterday in the mail, and as soon as I saw the title of the cover I said out loud to myself “Geez, Erin’s totally gotta be in here!” and then you were!!! Yay!! Congratulations, though sorry about the weird hardware. Loved that Newton home as well, so inspiring!

21. Congrats! Funnily enough that hardware doesn’t seem to go with all you other picks. And, that house…so great!

22. Beatriz says:

Congratulations!! Way to go! That is truly great. PS I am L-O-V-I-N-G the dark floor/white contrast pairing. It is simply to die for.

Beatriz.
    thatgirlinpearls.com

23. Vivian says:

Very nice!!! Amazing!!

Congrats from Brazil!!!

24. WOW! I just had to post about this and link to you… hope that’s ok. I am in serious trouble with your blog (I could read it all day long and buy everything on it too!..LOL!!)…what amazing style! Right up my alley! Decorating, stationery, fashion, entertaining, weddings…all my favorite things!

25. p.s. forgot to say congrats. also, i have done nearly identical posts about dabney lee and valentines day (wine and couples table topics)…i wish i had time to read through all your past posts!