Design Crush: Elizabeth Kimberly Designs

I spotted Elizabeth Kimberly Designs over on Caitlin Creer’s blog some time ago and just dug it out of my bookmarks this morning through my cold induced haze.  This particular project is what sold me on EK’s design work, as it combines color, serene white, traditional and modern all very well and looks, so, well- perfect.

What a dump, huh? :)

EK1

I could not love these doors more.

EK3

Bright + light

EK16EK4

I think that’s glass tile behind that mirror!

EK10

The nail head trim on this built almost sent into a seizure it’s so awesome.

EK6EK5

I could get used ot this kitchen. Oh yes I could.

EK7

I spy white Barcelona chairs….

EK15EK14

I’m dying. Seriously, dying.

EK13

The Rose Tarlow zebra paper I’ve been itching to use…

EK8EK9

Do you think they might invite me over for wine?

EK2

AMAZING.

49 Responses to “Design Crush: Elizabeth Kimberly Designs”

1. Wow! All the light that they have incorporated to almost every room, impressive. The nail head edging in the kitchen is something I would have never thought of, but wow, it makes it pop! Great post!

2. mari a. says:

the most beautiful house I’ve ever seen.. I wonder if they have a son about 22/28 years old ;p
    the kitchen is just lovely… amazing

3. Now I am seriously dying too! This is what I am trying to achieve in my own home! Have similar built in…will figure out how to add nail head trim to it IF IT KILLs ME.

4. Christina K. says:

Love love love this house, everything is perfect! Thanks for sharing!

5. Christina says:

yes too was dying over this house when Caitlin posted it a while back. That nailhead is beautiful and if you went onto a seizure it would be for a good cause:-)

Christina

6. sarah says:

Great post, I love the kitchen and pink chair ensemble.

7. vitania says:

Ohhh.. so fabulous is her work. I love that bead detail in the kitchen.. And that entrance – seriously – FAINT..

8. Lizziefitz says:

So glad you pointed out the glass tiles! gorgeous and I would have overlooked that detail. I share your crush.

9. Holy Woah!! This house is stunning. There is so much to take in – I love it all!!

As for the console table with the glass-tiled wall, I spotted those white porcelain artichoke things at HomeGoods the other day for like $5 a piece!! I saw them, liked them, but didn’t know what to do with them. Hello, inspiration!

Thanks!

Alaina

10. keely@luxeandlillies.blogspot.com says:

I die as well. WOW. this house is literally perfect. there is not a single inch I don’t absolutely love. After seeing this I just want to re-do my whole house. If you get invited over for wine, you should probably just never leave (except to blog of course!)… I would just stay there and soak it in.

11. Jess says:

I am gasping this house is so gorgeous. One picture more beautiful than the next. I am printing this and posting it on my “dream” board. LOVE! This is a great balance of beautiful decorations and not so bare that it looks like no one can possibly live there. Thanks so much for sharing!

12. Christen says:

I’ve never seen mosaic tile turned on diagonal. What a cool idea!

13. Carrie says:

O M G totally dying over this house! I must have it now. Thank you so much for sharing. Hope you feel better soon. EmergenC is my go to when I feel sick.

14. Bailey says:

I certainly think they SHOULD invite you over for wine, it would be pretty rude not to. I mean, y’all are kindred spirits. Nail head trim on cabinetry? C’mon now.

15. paula says:

this is insanely gorgeous. Just had to pick myself up off the floor.

16. Chic Coles says:

This whole house is stunning! It is hard to pick my favorite elements of the house because everything is used perfectly! Great post!

17. Carolyn G. says:

Ditto to all previous posts. I may have to rob a bank and build one exactly like it! I’m DEF putting this on my “dream” board!! Great post, as always, but the absolute best of all interior design posts in my book. Can’t wait for Fashion Friday, tho…..

18. What a kitchen and I love the light fixture in the foyer.

19. jessica says:

your valentine’s day post was HYSTERICAL. i love the pretty pictures, but seriously, write more,more often. You funny gal.

20. Joseph says:

I don’t really know what I would do with a kitchen, were I blessed with all the room in the world in which to put said kitchen. And, yes, I do know that no one really has “all the room in the world,” but lots and lots of people have considerably more room than I have! All I can do, I guess, is just keep surfing the Internet, hoping that I will find designs that I can put to use in my own kitchen. A little here, a little there, that sort of thing. That said, I will say, and I DO say, that you have given me much to think about with your concepts, and I thank you for sharing your ideas. And who knows? Maybe one fine day I will be sharing an absolutely smashing, albeit small, kitchen design!

21. Lauren says:

That kitchen is absolutely perfect – how cheerful would it be to eat breakfast there every morning and let’s not even get started on the entertaining possibilities…

The cook in me is also hoping it has a gas stove, at least 2 ovens and huge fridge. But from the looks of that sink, it’s probably well equipped!

22. Chelsey says:

WHOAH>>>I too am dying. That is so completely unique and gorgeous. I would take it… ;)

23. Katie says:

I died. Love it!!

24. Beautiful…..Love your blog, BTW…We listed you as a resource on ours, http://yaleappliance.blogspot.com/
    We blog about appliances, lighting and plumbing. Have a look some time

Steve

25. I die! I love those lanterns on the last few steps and the porcelain artichokes. Divine!!!!

26. Tara says:

I know oh do I know! I looked that house up the other day and had to show my husband who was not as thrilled as I but said he loved the grey diamond wallpaper behind the white round mirror. Of all the things in this gorgeous house…

27. Lovely! My favorites: The tablescape on the console, the marble kitchen counters, and the pops of turquoise and yellow in the otherwise neutral living room.

28. Andi says:

One of the best I’ve seen in a while. Seriuosly good. Thanks for sharing!

29. Jennifer says:

That house is in a word ELEGANT!!!!

30. girl’s got talent!

31. fuckballs! first of all can we like go have a cartwheel contest in that lawn? and second those blue glass lovelies on the table are making love to me and that zebra wallpaper is giving it to me with a strap on..

cigarette…….

32. Nuit says:

Love that kitchen, and the pink shade of that chair… this house is perfect!!!!!!

33. Gah! Love the use of the nailhead! Would have never have thought to use it on something that’s not upholstered!

34. daryn says:

ooooh, that kitchen and family room made me squeal … outloud … twice … in the office. FABULOUS!

35. Cari Cardon says:

Please see the Feb. 14th post. A library that my husband built. Please read the post. This is truly an inspirational man. You won’t believe it and the shop he used to build it in. This SHOULD be in a magazine.
    Thank you for letting me share.

36. Beatriz says:

This is MY HOUSE!! Ok, no not really… but one day!! I’m totally dying over here. That has my name written ALL OVER IT. Thank you so much for posting. You seriously brought some sunshine to my day : )

Beatriz.
    thatgirlinpearls.com

37. gilli says:

Do you have any idea who makes that tall faucet in the kitchen? Dying over it!!

38. Wow, this house is seriously AMAZING! I love all of the rooms, they have been styled to perfection. Especially love the kitchen and how it opens up to the back patio! The styling of the hall entrance table.

39. Caitlin says:

Isn’t that nailhead detailing just perfect, that is one idea I am stealing for my house.

I keep telling them they need to update their portfolio, I am like a drug addict!

40. everytime I see grey used, I love it a bit more – def must use grey in my next home!!! MUST MUST

41. Nienke says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE this house! Oh my goodness, and the attention to detail!

What totally gets me though is how light and bright it is – it’s got a great vacation vibe.

42. kathysue says:

I am ready to move, right now, Amazing is the word that comes to my mind!! The light and flow of the home, perfection, So glad you posted this, I want more, please!! Kathysue

43. One of the most wonderful houses ever. I’m dying for the zebra wallpaper and the pink-and-white check chair. Love your blog, BTW!

44. Absolutely fabulous house! I loved everything about it! Thanks for introducing me to this mega talented designer! Jacqueline

45. Lana says:

Oh my word, it’s amazing, the size and elegance, wow, I’ll join you for a glass over there anytime!

46. What a gorgeous post! Truly inspiring… I love the use of yellow in that formal living area, and the pic frames in the kid’s room are so sweet. Wish I could see more of that nursery though. Thanks for sharing!

47. those black doors are to die for!!!

48. [...] I was introduced to the gorgeous work of Elizabeth Kimberly Design by the blog Elements of Style and I was blown away by their beautiful portfolio. This oversized headboard caught my eye. This [...]