Bright Sunshiney Day

I’ve got two trips planned to warmer climates this winter/spring- Los Angeles in February and Florida in March.  But after seeing this spread in Coastal Living of designer Meg Braff’s reinvention of a villa at Round Hill in Jamaica, I wouldn’t mind adding that to my itinerary as well. This first picture of the blue bedroom made me weak in the knees when I saw it. Actually, I said TO the magazine itself, “Oh my goodness, you are SPECTACULAR!”

Crazy? Check.

braff-master-bedroom-l

How could you not be happy with this pink umbrella over top?

braff-pink-umbrella-l

braff-outdoor-dining-l

Oh, hello awesome yellow bamboo print. You are adorable.braff-yellow-bedroom-lbraff-kitchen-l

I can totally see myself reading here with a cool gin & tonic in hand. Oh yes I can.braff-porch-l

RoundHill-LG-1

braff-red-bedroom-l

What would I wear to such a vacation spot, you ask? Why none other than the Morocco-meets-Palm Beach designs of Jules Reid! A former interior designer herself, Jules totally rocks the beachy/resort look without being sickeningly sweet and embraces designer prints like ikat (so is Gucci for Spring 2010, like this pink ikat dress). I adore these looks and wish it were warm enough to toss one on right now. Alas, I’m reduced to throwing on my big, ugly down coat once more.

DSC_0046Jules Reid

_MG_9182_MG_8582

_MG_9070_MG_8345

_MG_9244_MG_8944

_MG_8550_MG_8308

DSC_0011DSC_0074

DSC_0055

32 Responses to “Bright Sunshiney Day”

1. Lizzytish says:

I love those clothes! I’m afraid to even look at the prices! I’ve been wanting a cool caftan really badly, and I love how this one skims the body. I’ve unfortunately reached a point in fashion where I’m not satisfied with the local mall shops most of the time and only get excited about this kind of stuff. I guess that comes with “maturing!” Thanks for the fun post!

2. the pink umbrella does it for me! lucky you and your two warm trips planned! sound grand.

3. MC says:

Love the house! Bamboo bonanza! The clothes are kinda cute (great prints) but what’s up with the fit of the pants? Other than the last pair, they’ve got a strange horizontal pull across the pelvis. Not an issue for me, in any event. If I have to make an appointment to see clothes, they’re probably pretty $$$$$$$.

4. god, i’m about to start crying just looking at these pictures. calgon, take me away!! this place looks divine…so do the clothes.

5. Ms. Bright says:

Gah, I love Meg Braff’s work. Digging Jules Reid.

6. Kerri says:

Love it Erin…..makes me want to go away NOW (thank goodness I am soon!!) I bought those top, left, bright pink and white pants and LOVE them!! Love your post!!

7. I have been wooed by that kitchen! And I’d like a mojito under one of those umbrellas, please!! :)

8. Can’t wait for summer and I so love Jamaica. I have such wonderful memories.

9. Okay, I’m ready for a vacation as well! Each of the bedrooms are gorgeous, and the clothes . . . great pairing!

10. The tile in the kitchen is gorgeous and I am loving those tunics!

11. Chic Coles says:

Would love to go to Jamaica! Spring break is coming up…I should add this to one of my possibilities!

12. Leslie says:

Lovely looks! I am in the market for resort wear for an upcoming trip to Florida and these might fit the bill. Thanks for sharing!

13. Shawna says:

That’s my hometown friend Lauren Phillips Blair on the cover! She looks gorgeous and so are those rooms. I need to be there right at this moment. Thanks for sharing!

14. sfgal says:

Erin – Will you do a quickie blog about cool spots in LA? I am going in Feb too, and have two glorious days sans kids AND husband to scour that city. Staying at the new W Hollywood (yay me!) On my agenda is to find cool off beat home stores for some fun ways to add some Erin Gates style to my house. will you share your LA secrets?

15. I’m wild about how he pushed the twin beds together – so simple an idea, yet so brilliant!

16. Bailey says:

Just saved all of those images. How does a girl procure herself one of those pink brollies? Fab.

17. Alissa says:

As an LA girl, I’d love to see your polyvore outfits choices for your LA trip!

18. After the 2 inches of snow we just got… I keep on coming back to this post. GORGEOUS is every way!!
    - The Buzz -

19. Those pink ikat pants are amazing and I love the twin black bamboo beds with the blue bedding! Beautiful!

20. Averill says:

Love these looks from Jules Redd! I’ve never heard of her before but this is truly great resort wear….

Oh and Meg Braff is FANTASTIC. That blue bedroom is exactly the look I’m going for in my house.

21. Elizabeth says:

i want those side tables in the first room! does anyone know where they’re from or seen any that are similar?

22. that kitchen is amaze. so relaxed and beachy. and i am DYING over those long tunics.

23. I LOVE LOVE LOVE any and all things bamboo and I positively SWOONED over the beds in the very first image! I’m so glad that I kept reading b/c I’d never heard of Jules Reid before….. now I fear I will be clicking over to her site on a regular basis to drool in anticipation of warmer months!

24. Wow, thanks to introducing me to Jules Reid! LOVE.

25. Laura says:

I need to live under that pink umbrella wearing those pink and white trousers.

26. Caroline says:

I have that bamboo print fabric used for the headboards- only mine is a fantastic gray-beige— love it!

27. Maureen says:

I love those pants! wear a lot of pants because I have to move a lot in my job and I think pants are just boring usually but if I started wearing those around I think everyone would think I’d gone barking insane.
    I’ll save them for when I retire to an island villa or something. Well, it is all about dreaming, isn’t it?

28. Ohh, so pretty! Thanks for sharing! I love the colors, so springy and fresh. Drool. I will have to copy them. Not sure if I could pull of the bright pants though…

29. This is exactly why I love Jamaica! I’m going to link to this from my Caribbean travel blog! Thanks for the super find… Laura

30. oooh, I want to play dress up and drink cocktails in the warm sun too !

31. Katie says:

yes, please! especially now amongst all this SNOW!

32. Lisa Porter says:

I’m pretty much weak in the knees over the house. Whyyyyy can’t it be spring nowwwww! Thanks Erin